Smart materials find applications in a broad range of civilian and defense
areas including, electronics, aerospace, biomedical, automotive, and medical. Their use is only limited by the imagination. Following is a partial list of suggested applications:
- Smart medical systems for treating diabetes with blood sugar sensor and insulin delivery pumps.
- Smart air plane wings with embedded actuators and sensors for achieving greater fuel efficiency, durability and maneuverability by reconfiguring their shape in response to demand and environmental conditions
such as air pressure and speed.
- Smart body fluid analyzer as a preventative health measure.
- Smart devices for vibration cancellation system.
- Smart noise cancellation systems.
- Smart toys